Clobetasol Propionate is indicated in:
- Initial control of all forms of hyperacute eczema in all age groups
- Chronic hyperkeratotic eczema of the hands and feet and patches of chronic lichen simplex
- Chronic hyperkeratotic psoriasis of any area of the body
- Severe acute photosensitivity
- Hypertrophic lichen planus
- Localized bullous disorders
- Keloid scarring
- Pretibial myxoedema
- Suppression of reaction after cryotherapy
- Scalp Solution is indicated in the topical therapy of recalcitrant corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses of the scalp, including recalcitrant cases of psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis.
Dosage & Administration
Topical cream/ ointment: Clobetasol should be applied with gentle rubbing to the affected skin areas twice daily. Dosage should not normally exceed 50 gm/ week and the duration of a course should not be more than 4 weeks. The potency can further enhanced by the use of occlusive dressing.
Scalp Solution: Apply required quantity of spray of Clobetasol Scalp Solution once or twice daily to the affected areas of the scalp and gently rub in. The total dose applied should not exceed 50 ml weekly. If necessary, Clobetasol Scalp Solution may be massaged into the scalp using the tips of the fingers. Therapy should be discontinued if no response is noted after one week or as soon as the lesion heals. It is advisable to use Clobetasol Scalp Solution for brief periods only.